My Blog List

Our mission

Are you that special person who - weary from trudging the endless superhighways - just longs to camp next to a glorious oasis of the mind? Do you desire to explore new frontiers, splash in shared ideas, fill your belly with the refreshing fruits of inspiration, and bask in the gentle rays of fond reflection?

Well, you can fuck right off. This, my friends, is not that place. This place is... The ShadowLands.

Monday, May 26, 2008

Happy National Sorry Day

Today, Australia celebrates its sorriness - but international expressions of sorriness are always welcome . The ShadowLands will resile from no-one as one of the sorriest sites of all sorridom.

3 comments:

stackja1945 said...

"Who's Sorry Now?" is a popular song with music written by Ted Snyder and lyrics by Bert Kalmar and Harry Ruby and sung by Connie Francis.
And of course Brenda Lee also says I'm Sorry.

Penguin said...

I do not agree with Rudd's apology yet I might be permitted to make the following observation.

My culture, which, through historical chance, happens to be the dominant one in Australia has its own quirks and strange customs.

One of those strange practices is that when one says sorry to another, the recipient usually replies with "apology accepted" or "I forgive you."

To not do so is usually considered a gross insult coming from a party that lacks character.

Crazy huh? But it comes from a few thousand years of civilisation, which greatly improved upon the savage (and much longer) hunter-gatherer period my people dragged themselves out of.

Anonymous said...

MM, a few people at another website tried very hard to get some Serious Sorry rolling back in Feb, when our new Prime Minister made his Apology.
It didn't go quite as they'd planned.
http://www.redbubble.com/groups/redbubble/forums/4/topics/9009-australia-says-sorry
In fact, some people took the opposite view altogether.
http://www.redbubble.com/groups/redbubble/forums/4/topics/9073-o-f-f-s-sorry-may-arse-post-anything-else-besides

I don't know how to work the inserted links here, so I guess I'd better say Sorry too.
Regards,
SwinishCapitalist