What are your predictions for 2009? Here is a rag-bag of mine:
* Following the success of the new Guns n Roses album, China to take its first tentative steps towards democracy;
* A long cold winter in both north and southern hemispheres;
* A few prominent supporters of AGW to fall off the wagon;
* Some solutions for carbon emissions to be put forward, but dismissed by environmentalists who kind of like this whole moral crisis thing;
* Premiership winning teams of 2008 to fail to win in 2009 following a horror run with injuries;
* The AFL to use the GFC as an excuse to abandon plans to establish a second Sydney AFL team (after they receive market research showing it was always a bad idea);
* The Global Financial Crisis to be blamed for everything;
* Mugabe to leave Zimbabwe one way or another, but an idiot of equal douchebaggery to emerge from another country (Uganda looks like a good bet at this stage);
* ShadowLands readership to exceed that of Tim Blair's website. (His old website, that is, not his current one, obviously.)
* Barack Obama to make some major gaffes that are ignored by the mainstream media.
* Signs of economic recovery by the end of the year, but American auto industry to continue to go downhill;
* Kevin Rudd to get less keen on carbon trading as the next election approaches;
What are your 2009 predictions?
AT AMAZON, Try Audible and get 2 Free Audiobooks….
26 minutes ago