The ShadowLands will be taking a holiday for a few weeks, and be back (hopefully) in the single digits of January, possibly with a new template.
During the first seven months of operation, the ShadowLands has:
* told the story of how a senior public servant may have been leaking information during and following WWII (thanks stackja);
* was the only public journal of record that seemed to notice that Kevin Rudd's rationale for acting on climate change was wrong and got a government department to admit it;
* provided the only submission to Australia's Department of Climate Change to point it out;
* Provided a blow by blow accounts of action at the Poznan Climate Change Conference;
* Found the most sensational un-reported youtube video of the year;
* Followed the amazing journey of Lewis Pugh;
* was the first blog in the world to call the election of Barack Obama;
* Found the money trail of Snow Cone Tony Jones;
* hosted articles by a stellar cast of celebrities including John Butler, Cate Blanchett, Prof Tim Flannery, and Mahmoud Ahmadinejad;
* Was thrown out of the Korean Friendship Association after making one post.
Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and general non-offensive greetings to all those who don't believe in such things until next year...