My Blog List

Our mission

Are you that special person who - weary from trudging the endless superhighways - just longs to camp next to a glorious oasis of the mind? Do you desire to explore new frontiers, splash in shared ideas, fill your belly with the refreshing fruits of inspiration, and bask in the gentle rays of fond reflection?

Well, you can fuck right off. This, my friends, is not that place. This place is... The ShadowLands.

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Drop the red pills


For some reason, studies are showing that the great cure for every disease, the placebo, is becoming more effective.

Most interesting, is the revelation that some types of placebos are more effective than others - for example, your yellow sugar pill will help you overcome depression better than other coloured placebos, and white pills are the choice for helping with your stomach problem.

On the subject of placebos, some experts are saying that the use of a chemical dispersant is having a similar miraculous effect on an oil spill way out in the Timor Sea.

1 comment:

blogstrop said...

"I drink when I'm happy and when I'm sad. Sometimes I drink when I'm alone. When I have company I consider it obligatory. I trifle with it when I'm not hungry and drink it when I am. Otherwise I never touch it, ... unless I'm thirsty"
Ah! Sparkling Placebo.
(with apologies to Mme. Bollinger)