My Blog List

Our mission

Are you that special person who - weary from trudging the endless superhighways - just longs to camp next to a glorious oasis of the mind? Do you desire to explore new frontiers, splash in shared ideas, fill your belly with the refreshing fruits of inspiration, and bask in the gentle rays of fond reflection?

Well, you can fuck right off. This, my friends, is not that place. This place is... The ShadowLands.

Friday, July 25, 2008

Got to run

So you are afraid that if you say "ease the squeeze" or "close the gap" one more time someone will assault you, and you don't want to be asked difficult questions. How do you terminate a press conference without seeming evasive or rude? Take it away Kevster:

"Having said that, we need to get to Cairns because we are going to be late for a civic reception. Got to run folks."

"We have got to board a plane. Last one."

"We’ve got to run. Thanks very much."

"I think I’d better zip. That was about it, got to run."

"Just to conclude on that, because Cabinet is still going and we should actually be there, it would be a good idea, and I’d just like to conclude and I’m very concerned about the little girl out here in the sun without a hat."

Julia Gillard: "OK, in the words of Kevin Rudd: I’ve got to zip."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I guess answering questions for journalists is a tedious and second-rate task for a prime minister.