July 17 is Constitution Day in South Korea. Here are some things you might not know about South Korea:
* South Korea has a plan to have a robot in every home by 2020.
* South Korea is a manufacturing powerhouse and the 13th largest economy in the world by GDP, just ahead of Australia.
* Despite this, and being a nation of people addicted to video gaming and a diet of fermenting vegetables, it has per capita greenhouse emissions equivalent to less than half that of Australia. Mmmh, how do they do it?
* For $150,000, if you send body tissues from a pet to a firm in South Korea called RNL Bio, they can make you another one, just the same.
* If it's a dog, you will be relieved to know that preparing dogs for food is now illegal in South Korea.
* But you would be concerned to discover that it still happens.
* Part of a 2007 peace plan between North and South Korea included an agreement to have a joint Olympic cheer squad.
Please stand for the South Korean national anthem.
Sentence Of The Day
16 minutes ago