Today is the National Day of the great nation of Eritrea. Here are a few things you may not have known about Eritrea:
* Eritrea has a successful domestic film industry, with ticket sales from films produced by government and independent studios typically covering the production costs. This model was ruled out in Australia by leading celebrities at the 2020 conference.
* Eritrean haute cuisine looks a lot like freshly issued tapeworm, topped with yoghurt.
* Eritrea is the most expensive place in the world to buy fuel.
* Eritrea has overtaken North Korea at the bottom of the world press freedom index. Reporters who criticise the honourable President Isais Afewerki wind up in jail and succumb to various illnesses. I prefer to think of Eritrea as being top of the index for prudent media control, and Afewerki has never put a foot wrong as far as I'm concerned.
* The United States is considering placing Eritrea on the list of state sponsors of terrorism.
* Please stand for the Eritrean National Anthem.
WHITTLE: "Chickensh**", Leader of the Free World
20 minutes ago