My Blog List

Our mission

Are you that special person who - weary from trudging the endless superhighways - just longs to camp next to a glorious oasis of the mind? Do you desire to explore new frontiers, splash in shared ideas, fill your belly with the refreshing fruits of inspiration, and bask in the gentle rays of fond reflection?

Well, you can fuck right off. This, my friends, is not that place. This place is... The ShadowLands.

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Decision made

Seemingly oblivious to the evils of capitalism, a 19-year-old East German guard, Conrad Schumann made a successful escape from East Germany on August 15, 1961.

2 comments:

kae said...

I love that pic, Margo's.

Anonymous said...

Brought a lump to my throat, that pic. Reminds me of other films of people who didn't make it...

Some of us remember, the rest seem to have been born yesterday - I hear they have to give wiki links in US political reporting now when they mention John Kerry, as many have forgotten who he is.