My Blog List

Our mission

Are you that special person who - weary from trudging the endless superhighways - just longs to camp next to a glorious oasis of the mind? Do you desire to explore new frontiers, splash in shared ideas, fill your belly with the refreshing fruits of inspiration, and bask in the gentle rays of fond reflection?

Well, you can fuck right off. This, my friends, is not that place. This place is... The ShadowLands.

Monday, August 4, 2008

Try this quick quiz...

As you might expect, the death of Solzhenitsyn has led to some sombre reflection from our Russian comrades.

So who do you think they might hold most responsible for some of the trials that Solzhenitsyn and millions of his countrymen suffered during the 20th century?

a) Karl Marx
b) Leon Trotsky
c) Joseph Stalin
d) Vladimir Lenin
e) All of the above or
f) None of the above

Give yourself a pat on the back if you selected f)

6 comments:

bikeonaboy said...

If you are in Sydney, and you want to question Penny Wong about this directly, she will be attending a public forum to discuss CRAP (sorry, the carbon pollution reduction scheme) at the Petersham RSL tonight at 7.30pm.

I will try to attend, but family commitments might get in the way. If anyone can attend, please print out Andrew's graphs and get her to explain them to the audience.

Be there, or be square.

Bring you letter along with you.

Margo's Maid said...

Thanks for the tip-off BOAB, Unfortunately, I will have to be square on this occasion, but I would encourage attendees...

Might be worth posting at Bolta if you haven't already.

Anonymous said...

they're actually blaming the Bolshevik revolution on America? that's appalling.

Anonymous said...

MM, I have photographed Penny ping pong 1.618 I'd send them to you like Fatty V....

Anonymous said...

I had a weird experience last year when I met this old Russian lady who used to do Radio Free Russia in Taiwan for many years - she's now 95 - and she told me how she met Solzhenitsyn and Rostropovich and others. She was impressed that I knew Rostro's wife was the singer Galina Vishnevskaya. Oh and we were shopping so what was she looking for? Buckwheat to make Kasha.

Anyway the weird part was when I asked her what she thought of Putin. 'He is good for Russia right now' she said.

I mean, why do we bother?

Anonymous said...

BTW, she was White Russian and her father was killed by Stalin...