My Blog List

Our mission

Are you that special person who - weary from trudging the endless superhighways - just longs to camp next to a glorious oasis of the mind? Do you desire to explore new frontiers, splash in shared ideas, fill your belly with the refreshing fruits of inspiration, and bask in the gentle rays of fond reflection?

Well, you can fuck right off. This, my friends, is not that place. This place is... The ShadowLands.

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Further training required

Australian middle distance runner Craig Mottram has missed out on the final of his 5000 metre event. Okay - it's the kind of thing that can happen. But most distressingly he refuses to come up with an excuse:

"I couldn't go anymore. I don't know why I just wasn't good enough...I got no excuses. I backed myself to make it in the top four and it bit me on the arse - that's sport."

But surely Craig - the heat, the pollution, an American judge, intense media scrutiny, drug cheats, an American conspiracy, an achilles strain, a mystery chest infection, AMERICA...For God's sake, somebody step in and get this guy some media training!

1 comment:

Boy on a bike said...

You forgot Big Oil and climate change.