My Blog List

Our mission

Are you that special person who - weary from trudging the endless superhighways - just longs to camp next to a glorious oasis of the mind? Do you desire to explore new frontiers, splash in shared ideas, fill your belly with the refreshing fruits of inspiration, and bask in the gentle rays of fond reflection?

Well, you can fuck right off. This, my friends, is not that place. This place is... The ShadowLands.

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

His Israel question

Why is Israel the only state expected to cede territory?:
The Kurds, for example, a people boasting a rich history and numbering 25 million souls, are forced to get by without a state of their own. The Basques, Catalonians, Corsicans, and Scots also have no state. Even the Native Americans, Flemish, the Copts and the Maronites have no state. Therefore, it is quite odd that it is precisely the absence of a Palestinian state that preoccupies the international community and the Israeli consciousness.

3 comments:

Col. Milquetoast said...

Who would deny my right to found the free and independent state of Milquetoastistan? (don't worry, I'll think of a better name before its formal/public debut)

Only a bigot oppressing me because of my minority status would oppose me and my need for a territory to call my own (I'm a member the smallest possible minority group - an individual). Margos, do you have a place near a beach? I may have to annex it.

stackja1945 said...

The UN needs a cause. No cause no UN. Then where would the world be?

blogstrop said...

The oppressed Bogan minority also demands a state.