My Blog List

Our mission

Are you that special person who - weary from trudging the endless superhighways - just longs to camp next to a glorious oasis of the mind? Do you desire to explore new frontiers, splash in shared ideas, fill your belly with the refreshing fruits of inspiration, and bask in the gentle rays of fond reflection?

Well, you can fuck right off. This, my friends, is not that place. This place is... The ShadowLands.

Friday, April 24, 2009

Nenana Ice Classic update

The ice on Alaska's Tanana River is now 42.7 inches thick, according to measurements made for the Nenana Ice Classic.

The ice is beginning to thin, as is normal at this time of year. If ice thickness at this stage is a key measure, it is looking like a fairly average year, with similar ice thicknesses recorded at the same stage during years when the ice broke up around 5-8 May.

2 comments:

Egg said...

Hence, ahem, the Engineers, Egg & BOAB, are on target ...

blogstrop said...

Oh, once I had some money but I gave it to my friend
He said he'd pay me double, it was only for a lend
But he said a little later that the horse she was so slow
Why he give the horse my money is something I don't know
Nenana, Nenana,
Nenana is soon enough for me!